By MyAntelopeValley Staff
Written Content Guidelines
My Antelope Valley online newsmagazine documents the news which is happening all over the Antelope Valley. We welcome submissions that provide a positive outlook on the AV and work toward creating a deeper sense of community.
Our regularly updated website includes a series of articles focused on a general theme - News, Opinion, Sports, Blog, Comics, Technology, AV News, Weather, and Traffic. Each of these sections has room for a number of time-sensitive articles and others that do not require time-sensitive material.
My Antelope Valley is not interested in a constant stream of problems that face our society or community. Instead, we would like to highlight positive news, helpful information, and solutions that will better our community. We are interested in authentic stories that reflect the happenings and concerns of the people of the Antelope Valley. We ask that writers avoid the use of profanity and sexual references in an attempt to promote family-friendly information; and as we report on "negative" news to end those stories with hope and possible solutions to the situation being reported on. We do not endorse any candidate, party, or legislation, although we will cover facts of legislation and political races, to the degree with which they relate to our mission.
MyAntelopeValley reserves the right to accept or reject any submitted piece of work.
All creative works that are submitted to our platform will not be owned by My Antelope Valley, so you will not be forfeiting any rights or opportunities by writing for us.
Content Submission Process
After reviewing the expectations for submissions, please complete the following steps:
- Visit us at http://www.myantelopevalley.com/join-us.php and fill out the short questionnaire on that page.
- One of the MyAntelopeValley staff will review your information and add you as an author. You will receive a login information through your email.
- You will then sign on at http://www.myantelopevalley.com/admin/login.php. You will then be able to add articles, essays, and photographs. All written pieces of content will need to follow our style guidelines; most changes to the styling of your submission will be done by an editor but if your submission requires a lot of work we may ask you to revise the formatting.
- Once you add your materials, the staff will review the materials and, if accepted, then assign a date for publication. You will be able to edit your materials at any time until it is set to be published.
- MyAntelopeValley reserves the right to accept or reject any submitted piece of work. If your submitted content does not meet our guidelines or standards for quality control we will let you know so that you can revise the submitted piece. We would love to have you on the team, please email email@example.com if you have any questions.